This is such a bright -flavored frozen yogurt. I feel like it would complement fruit pies well – especially blueberry, apple, or even sweet potato. Please let me know how it is, if you make it, by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Lemon Cardamom Froyo
- 2 cups half & half yogurt
- 2 small (6″ to 6 7/8″) bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon oil
- optional: zest of 1 lemon
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. If using lemon zest, mix this in before adding to the ice cream maker.
- Add to an ice cream maker and wait for the finished froyo.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later use.
I really needed protein to help with a little mini-flare (super mild) and was craving some authentic fried meatballs. I also didn’t want to introduce eggs again while flaring as I am a tad reactive to them (higher end of the LEAP scale). I decided to try it with banana and it worked great! I’ll be making this recipe using turkey for Thanksgiving and will post the recipe after the holiday. I decided to lightly fry the tops and bottoms of the meatballs to get that wonderful crisp before baking. I wasn’t sure how well my body would handle a totally fried meatball. All in all a wonderful treat.
Eggless Baked Meatballs
- 1 to 1.5 lbs ground meat (beef used here)
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry curd cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup pecan flour (or any nut flour)
- 1 mashed banana (instead of an egg)
- optional: 1 tbsp spice of choice (turmeric used here)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Hand mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Form balls – taking into consideration that larger means longer cook time.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet or use muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on size. Check internal temperature to ensure doneness.
***I pan fried mine very lightly in olive oil to get the crust on the meatballs before placing into the oven. This can easily be used for a meatloaf.