This is such a bright -flavored frozen yogurt. I feel like it would complement fruit pies well – especially blueberry, apple, or even sweet potato. Please let me know how it is, if you make it, by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Lemon Cardamom Froyo
- 2 cups half & half yogurt
- 2 small (6″ to 6 7/8″) bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon oil
- optional: zest of 1 lemon
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. If using lemon zest, mix this in before adding to the ice cream maker.
- Add to an ice cream maker and wait for the finished froyo.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later use.
I am exploring new breakfast ideas and want to make sure I am getting more protein in my diet. Please note that you may use whatever juice you want to use for this recipe. I used the Lakewood Organic brand of cherry juice. My preferred gelatin powder is from Great Lakes. Enjoy!
Cherry Yogurt Jello
- 1 + 1/2 cups black cherry juice, or juice of choice
- 1/2 water
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups half & half yogurt or dripped whole milk yogurt
- Heat the cherry juice in a small saucepan until it reaches 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat.
- Add the gelatin to the water and allow to bloom for about a minute. The liquid will solidify.
- Pour the cherry juice into the bloomed gelatin and stir until dissolved completely.
- When the cherry gelatin mixture cools to under 110 degrees Fahrenheit, add the yogurt and whisk together until no more yogurt lumps exist and everything is liquid.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into 6 single serving containers and allow to set in the refridgerator for at least 4 hours.