This is such a bright -flavored frozen yogurt. I feel like it would complement fruit pies well – especially blueberry, apple, or even sweet potato. Please let me know how it is, if you make it, by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Lemon Cardamom Froyo
- 2 cups half & half yogurt
- 2 small (6″ to 6 7/8″) bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon oil
- optional: zest of 1 lemon
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. If using lemon zest, mix this in before adding to the ice cream maker.
- Add to an ice cream maker and wait for the finished froyo.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later use.
A delicious frozen treat that tastes just like vanilla ice cream. You can sub out 1 or both bananas for mango, pineapple, or avocado and get similar results (simply slice the bananas into a measuring cup to determine how much to replace for or go by weight). Let me know if you tweak the recipe by leaving a comment below with the twist!
Banana Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 2 cups SCD dripped yogurt (half and half or whole milk)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend the bananas, milk, honey, and vanilla. I used my Ninja.
- Whisk into yogurt and pour it all into your ice cream maker.
***The more air you get into it with the ice cream maker, the better it will freeze.