I am exploring new breakfast ideas and want to make sure I am getting more protein in my diet. Please note that you may use whatever juice you want to use for this recipe. I used the Lakewood Organic brand of cherry juice. My preferred gelatin powder is from Great Lakes. Enjoy!
Cherry Yogurt Jello
- 1 + 1/2 cups black cherry juice, or juice of choice
- 1/2 water
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups half & half yogurt or dripped whole milk yogurt
- Heat the cherry juice in a small saucepan until it reaches 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat.
- Add the gelatin to the water and allow to bloom for about a minute. The liquid will solidify.
- Pour the cherry juice into the bloomed gelatin and stir until dissolved completely.
- When the cherry gelatin mixture cools to under 110 degrees Fahrenheit, add the yogurt and whisk together until no more yogurt lumps exist and everything is liquid.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into 6 single serving containers and allow to set in the refridgerator for at least 4 hours.