Split Pea Soup
- 16oz bag of green split peas
- 8oz uncured turkey bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic poweder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp dried minced onion
- Soak the peas for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator. Drain, rinse, and add to an Instant Pot liner.
- Cover with water at 1 inch above the peas. Add the dried spices and stir.
- Set the IP for Bean/Chili mode for 30 minutes on normal. Let the course run and allow the valve to naturally release. While the peas cook, fry the bacon slices and chop them.
- Remove the liner and stir in the bacon and chives. Add salt, if desired, to taste.
- Optional: serve with shredded cheese, croutons, and/or dripped yogurt (or sour cream).