You can find my caramelized onion recipe here: Caramelized Onions.
Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Crustless Quiche
- 8 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup caramelized onions, cooked & cooled
- 1 cup mushrooms, cooked/drained & cooled
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
- salt & pepper
- Line a standard sized muffin pan and preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Whisk the eggs and yogurt together well. Add the cheese and whisk until blended. Add in the onions, mushrooms, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix well – as spoon or whisk may be used here.
- Fill the muffin slots with the quiche mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the centers are baked through and there’s light browning on the tops.
Here is what I specifically used for this recipe: silpat muffin mold (no liner needed), 8 month intense manchego cheese (small dice), and simply organic dried thyme. A combination of shallots and onions may be used here as well.