I really needed protein to help with a little mini-flare (super mild) and was craving some authentic fried meatballs. I also didn’t want to introduce eggs again while flaring as I am a tad reactive to them (higher end of the LEAP scale). I decided to try it with banana and it worked great! I’ll be making this recipe using turkey for Thanksgiving and will post the recipe after the holiday. I decided to lightly fry the tops and bottoms of the meatballs to get that wonderful crisp before baking. I wasn’t sure how well my body would handle a totally fried meatball. All in all a wonderful treat.
Eggless Baked Meatballs
- 1 to 1.5 lbs ground meat (beef used here)
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry curd cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup pecan flour (or any nut flour)
- 1 mashed banana (instead of an egg)
- optional: 1 tbsp spice of choice (turmeric used here)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Hand mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Form balls – taking into consideration that larger means longer cook time.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet or use muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on size. Check internal temperature to ensure doneness. ***I pan fried mine very lightly in olive oil to get the crust on the meatballs before placing into the oven. This can easily be used for a meatloaf.