I decided to try out my new dehydrator this weekend. Aside from some simple fruit leather in mango and raspberry flavors, I came up with this delightful recipe. Enjoy!
Ginger Orange Beef Jerky
- 1 lb flank steak, cut 1″ wide x 1/4″ thick x 4″-6″ long
- 1.5 cups of fresh orange juice (I used 4 medium oranges)
- 3 tbsp ginger fresh cut, large dice
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vinegar (I used distilled)
- Salt to taste (I probably used about 3/4 tsp)
- Marinate in a freezer bag for at least 8 hours. I did it for 16 hours.
- Dehydrate according to your dehydrator’s instructions. I have the presto dehydro 06300, so mine took about 5 hours at ~165F.
- You should cook the jerky after dehydrating. The directions of my dehydrator was to cook the jerky for 10 minutes at 275F. It should be sizzling when you remove it.
- Cool to room temperature and enjoy (or store it for later).
2 thoughts on “Ginger Orange Beef Jerky”
Update: I recently did an Asian dinner night and used the marinade from this to make beef skewers using strip steak. I also used the marinade in a recipe for an Asian Sweet Sauce located on the site as well! Enjoy!